Pro MFG Media is proud to announce the Plant Maintenance and Asset Management Summit - 2nd edition to be held on 24th November 2021.
This FireSide Chat was a part of the edition -1 and was on Digitalisation: Maintenance 4.0 & unlocking the hidden potential of manufacturing.
The special speaker was Mr. Vinit Thakur, President and CDO - LafargeHolcim India and the session was moderated by Mr. Pankaj Mittal, Founder- CEO of Digizen Consulting.
Mr. Thakur laid emphasis on Increasing Equipment Uptime using Digital Technologies: Data-Driven decision making and overcoming challenges and building a digital mindset culture.
The key insights shared by Mr Thakur are shared below:
● Maintenance often represents the most considerable controllable operating cost in the cement industry and a critical business function
● Critical to understand how technology is impacting business & upheaval changing human behavior
● Cement is asset-heavy operations, the focus is on sweating these assets
● Indian businesses operate at 87 %- 97% efficiency and throughput. This has a potential to increase to 120% of throughput by properly sweating assets
● Optimising maintenance cost contributes directly to the bottom line
● Developing a Data ecosystem strategy as per Cement Industry framework & tapping full potential with data intelligence
● Data Analytics , Visualization, turning Manufacturing Data into actionable Insights
Pro MFG Plant Maintenance and Asset Management Summit 1st edition was presented by Loctite
Mr. Vinit Thakur, President and Chief Digital Officer - LafargeHolcim - India (ACC Ltd and Ambuja Cements)
An IIT Alumnus and a Digital Strategist with over two and a half decades of Technology leadership experience with large global and Indian conglomerates, Mr. Thakur describes himself as a Change agent. He straddles the space between the boardroom and the shop floor to initiate and drive change. He has also been the Executive Director and Group CIO Dalmia Bharat, Group CIO Ballarpur Industries, CIO – Asia Pac Wartsila Industries and CIO Marico Industries.
Mr. Pankaj Mittal, Founder and CEO, Digizen Consulting
A Business transformation strategist, TedX Speaker with over 24 years of progressive leadership experience in the IT, security and telecom industries. He has hands-on understanding on Data Center, Security & Network solutions across various technologies. He has handled large & complex transformations impacting global outcomes for various businesses. He also has a good understanding of emerging technologies like RPA, AI/ML, Cloud & Distributed Ledger Technologies (Blockchain).
TRENDING ON PRO MFG
MORE FROM THE SECTION